Electrical Survey Phone Call

Jim Katen

Originally posted by Home Pride

I have a hard time believing any "market research" firm is interested in electrical panels, or whether or not you are a home inspector.

Perhaps a fishing trip by a disgruntled client (not necessarily yours...[;)] ) or a law office looking for input.

I doubt it. If it was, they went to extreme lengths to make it seem real. The gal was clearly reading off of a script and clearly didn't know much about electrical equipment but, at the same time, she had obviously been talking to lots of people about it because she was aware of a lot of the terminology. I could also hear other interviewers in the background asking the same questions.

I believe that it was a real market research firm. I'm just curious about who their client is and what his agenda is.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

It all sounds very strange, and then the question about "Did you learn about it on the internet?"

I can't help but think this is related to FPE in some way. It's too strange.

The questions are not really "market research" sorts of questions. They are the sorts of questions I would associate w/someone that was looking to determine someone's predispositions.

Originally posted by kurt

It all sounds very strange, and then the question about "Did you learn about it on the internet?"

I can't help but think this is related to FPE in some way. It's too strange.

The questions are not really "market research" sorts of questions. They are the sorts of questions I would associate w/someone that was looking to determine someone's predispositions.

Yes. Exactly. My sense is that someone out there hired this firm to gather data about what home inspectors believe about various electrical equipment manufacturers, especially FPE & Zinsco.

It may be silly, but my first thought was that the State of Kentucky was doing some legwork in reaction to the dust up about FPE panels. Of course, no government entity could have moved that quickly.

- Jim in Oregon

I got the call today and the young lady ask the same question. When I finished I ask her who was doing the survey. She did not know and then I talked to her boss and he gave me the run around about them not knowing who it was far.

Also wanted to know what group I belong to if I belong to one.

Is it just one group getting the calls or is it all groups?