Air Vent Seminar

sepefrio

For those of you who need a little bit of incentive to learn something new, even when it's a free seminar such as these, you might be interested in knowing that at certain locations for these seminars they'll be giving away a free Bucketboss toolbag to each attendee and, like John said, some locations are providing a free dinner.

OT - OF!!!

M.

I think John and Mike are positively terrific for telling us about this series of lectures. Further, I accept-no, more than that, I would promote- that adequate attic ventilation is an important component of overall building health. On the other hand, my HI experience, -which is woefully limited to the frosty Northeast,- tells me that most of the time it is no more than a second tier issue. I've seen thousands of poorly ventilated, fully-functioning attics. What do the rest of you see?

I see a lot of attics that are vented, not vented, and everything in between. The number that have had problems are teeny tiny, and if there was a problem, it was always related to a series of issues, not just the lack of ventilation.

What happens w/the houses of the future that have no vents? No air exchanger = unhealthy IAQ, right?

More engineered environments w/HRV's?

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

For once, one of these things is being held in Rochester. I'm all a quiver.

Watch your homophones, boy![:-magnify

A Quiver- (Noun) A container for arrows, crossbow bolts or darts, such as those shot from a bow, crossbow or blowgun.

Aquiver- (adj.) Marked by quivering: The children were aquiver with anticipation before the circus parade.

quiv·er1 /#712;kw#618;v#601;r/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kwiv-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)

1. to shake with a slight but rapid motion; vibrate tremulously; tremble.

–noun

2. the act or state of quivering; a tremble or tremor.

[Origin: 1480–90; orig. uncert.; cf. MD quiveren to tremble]

quiv·er 1 (kw#301;v'#601;r) Pronunciation Key

intr.v. quiv·ered, quiv·er·ing, quiv·ers

To shake with a slight, rapid, tremulous movement. See Synonyms at shake.

n. The act or motion of quivering.

[Middle English quiveren, perhaps from quiver, nimble (from Old English cwifer-; see gwei- in Indo-European roots).]

quiv'er·ing·ly adv., quiv'er·y adj.

Maybe I should have used aquiver...I'll agree. I like the way it looks as two words though. It just seems more emphatic.

Chad,

Say it ain't so. Classic damage control technique; you've obviously been hanging around too many 'zoids.

It's time for an intervention; somebody bring the jacks and the hot wax, I'll bring the used motor oil and the funnel, let's converge on Rochester and cure Chad before it's too late.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Say it ain't so. Classic damage control technique; you've obviously been hanging around too many 'zoids.

Hmmm, that hurt. It may have seemed like dodging but the fact is

I'm still not sure it's incorrect to say "all a quiver". "Aquiver" is a relatively recent contraction/ combination of "a quiver".

As for hanging around zoids...none of them has ever lasted more than a minute or two in my company.

Originally posted by fqp25

First Les & his steel toe pumps at Warm U.

Now visions of Randy with a Speedo & a Bucketboss Tool bag on a roof. Hmmm, what is it about these seminars?

Honestly, I couldn't pick out either of these guys in a police lineup even if the rest were pygmy headhunters. But this sounds entirely too Village People-ish for my comfort zone!

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Air Vent seminar this morning.

• The food was awesome...like a quality hotel breakfast/ brunch
  • It started at 8:00 am sharp and it lasted exactly two hours...I like things that run on time
  • The information was/is pretty beginner oriented. Seasoned vets will benefit only from contacts made, and the awesome food. (burp)