Ca. Mobile Seismic Bracing Requirements

Little help with mobile home seismic bracing requirements. I inspected a 7 year old, double wide mobile home in California with the Maxi-Pier foundation system although it does not have the Maxi-Connectors installed to keep separate sides from separation. I am aware the foundation system is approved by HUD in California but I was under the impression the connectors were required to secure two sides of double wide together. Any help appreciated.

Inspector Will

I suggest you turn to a munufactured company for the question because they¡¯re dealing with these kinds of problem everyday,so you can get a confirmed answer.

Here are two website

http://www.findprefab.com

http://www.raisearoof.com

You can find phone numbers of some companies listed on them and try to contact the companies yourself.

Hope it helps.

Hello Hideinforest,

I can't help but notice that every time you've come on here you've recommended one or both of those sites to correct whatever issue is being discussed, so it's beginning to look like you have some kind of business interest in those sites.

If you are in any way affiliated with those sites that you've repeatedly recommended here, I'm going to have to ask that you stop posting those links, because doing so is advertising and I don't allow business entities to advertise for free here.

Please pay attention to the forum rules.

Thank you.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 2 years later...

Little help with mobile home seismic bracing requirements. I inspected a 7 year old, double wide mobile home in California with the Maxi-Pier foundation system although it does not have the Maxi-Connectors installed to keep separate sides from separation. I am aware the foundation system is approved by HUD in California but I was under the impression the connectors were required to secure two sides of double wide together. Any help appreciated.

Inspector Will

The "foundation system" is approved by "HCD" (CA Dept. of Housing and Community Development" not HUD.

See your other post about using the correct terminology, you really don't want to mix "foundation systems" and "Earthquake Resistant Bracing Systems (ERBS)".

Do a Google search for "Maxi-Pier foundation system" and take a look at the stamp on the bottom pf the page.