One hundred year old Book

I have a one hundred year old book of the Louisiana Purchase Exposition and the City of St Louis. There are 32 colorgraph views and 168 Copper plate scenes. It has a wealth of pictures of the state's buildings, international buildings and some really cool pictures of people. It would be of great interest to old building people, as it gives the cost to construct some of the buildings. I have had it for a long time, but would like someone with a StLouis connection and a love of old books and buildings to have it. I have collected hundreds of old building books and pictures and think it is time to share some of them. It is not for sale,it is FREE, but I would expect you to pay postage and buy me lunch, maybe in Austin, TX next year. It is abt 5"x8" and in "perfect" condition except for a loose spine. Please respond on this forum, as it may elicit some others to share books, etc..

I may regret this!

That is an extremely cool thing; I don't have any connection to St. Louis, but am a major old book enthusiast. Evanston has a wealth of bookstores, & they comprise about 4/5 of my entertainment time.

Got anything on Chicago, SW Michigan, North Michigan, or similar?

BTW, I had 12th row 3rd baseline seats for the Sox/Kansas City game; Ordenez blew a homer over left center in the bottom of the 10th to close it for the Sox.

Kurt, the only thing I could part with right now is a pristine 9"x11" phamplet for Chicago Technical College, 2000 S Michigan, Chicago 16, Illinois. circa 1947. It has a program for inspectors and also some good pictures. Mostly it is the words that intrigue me. I would be fearful to admit how much of this kind of stuff I really have. Keep most of it in my office and barn, 'cause the wife thinks I'm nutty. Same deal for you. Likely the cost for postage would be $2.60 and I am sure you would appreciate it. I even thought about a wall of the office done in this old stuff, but Lynn, the office manager, is more "modern".

Originally posted by Les

Kurt, the only thing I could part with right now is a pristine 9"x11" phamplet for Chicago Technical College, 2000 S Michigan, Chicago 16, Illinois. circa 1947. It has a program for inspectors and also some good pictures. Mostly it is the words that intrigue me. I would be fearful to admit how much of this kind of stuff I really have. Keep most of it in my office and barn, 'cause the wife thinks I'm nutty. Same deal for you. Likely the cost for postage would be $2.60 and I am sure you would appreciate it. I even thought about a wall of the office done in this old stuff, but Lynn, the office manager, is more "modern".

Jeeez, I'd love it. That neighborhood is now chock full of yuppie condos; are there any pictures in the pamphlet?