Gary,

There was a bunch of concerns with the mold report and the home inspection. Both were in the same 30pt format, horizontal, and very expensive. I hate to admit the real culprit here is the real estate agent that "arranged" the inspections. It was an FHA/Msha loan, no docs, 0% down, all closing cost rolled into loan. Seems the buyer did not understand the process and looking for recision.

My task is to show some nature of fraud committed during the "inspection/appraisal" phase. The sad fact is all this is going to cost the victim thousands of dollars they don't have and never did have!

Yes there is a contract/agreement. But if the agreement is signed by buyer that believes he/she is dealing with credible, knowledgeable, and honest people and that is not the case, then there is more than puffery involved. Good example is the term, Certified Public Accountant or CPA. We all "know" what that means. Certified Mold Inspector is a new term, so wouldn't it make sense that the person was credible? He/she agreed to render a full written report and did just that. Right now my tack is going to be the simple things like use of the english language, "stupid" things recommended - like missing siding, but no mention to replace it. There are lots of things I will be looking at and all of them will be very simple straight forward issues that ultimately will confound and confuse the toxic mold person because he/she will get very defensive and make many mistakes.

I should limit my comments at this time, but expect a complete resolution within just a few days. Time is the cat-bird's friend!

edit: feel free to make spelling corrections on your own!

Wow! $720 for a cover sheet and 3 pages of widely spaced sentence fragments and run-ons. Bonnnnnie!

Primary goal is to stop water infiltration - that means new roof shingle installation

Fragment. Was there only one bad shingle? Or how many were there (at least roughly)? What was wrong with them? Jeez.

Remove and replace contaminated roof decking and insulation in attic

Fragment. Is the roof decking in the attic?

Repair master bath sink so water stops dripping under vanity

Fragment. Can the water be directed to drip somewhere else, just not under the vanity?

Install higher capacity bath vent fan and vent directly to outside through roof

Fragment.

Roof is leaking in several places as seen by wet insulation

Fragment. Already ridiculed by Kurt.

Evidence of moisture condensation near the eaves roof boards are blackened

Two fragments forming a run-on sentence.

Downspout needs to be directed away from the foundation

*Sigh*....another fragment. Is there really only one downspout? I mean, it's possible, but pretty rare.

High moisture in foundation result of downspout draining near home

Le fragmenta. Most downspouts drain near the home. Is the grading screwed up? If not, the downspout shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'd hate to have to prove in court that the moisture in the foundation was unquestionably caused by the downspout, and only by the downspout.

Shrubs should have at least 1 foot clearance away from siding

I agree, but is that really mold related in this case? If the siding is wood, probably; vinyl, not so much.

Missing siding

Wow...word economy reaches a new low.

What a rip-off that "report" is. It has all the depth of water splashed on a rock. I counted 116 words, including titles (but not the cover sheet). That divides out to 6.21 per word, or $240 per page.

Brian G.

Mold Gold Strikes Again [:-banghea

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, Gents –

I haven't visited for a while. I have been slammed for the last several months.

Kurt, thanks for the reference to the discussion by Pirages. Frankly, in large part, I blame my own profession and our affiliates, since we had the responsibility of educating the public and placing risks into perspective at the beginning of the whole “toxic mouldâ€