PDF and pictures

I write my reports in Word. I insert pictures in the body of the report. I convert it to PDF before emailing to the client. Is there a way to attach larger size hyperlinked versions of the pictures that are in the report?

Imagine it like this. You are scrolling through a PDF report. You see a picture that you want to blow up for a better look at detail. You click on the pic and it pops up enlarged in a different window.

Can this be done? If so, how?

I'm not trying to stir up a debate, but I give clients CD-ROMs that contain 1-meg photos of all the flubs and other stuff they should see. It looks much tidier--and probably more professional--to embed the photos in the report, but when I did it that way, clients called and complained that they didn't understand what was depicted. I use the incredibly simplistic Paint program to insert text into the photos.

Originally posted by AHI

I write my reports in Word. I insert pictures in the body of the report. I convert it to PDF before emailing to the client. Is there a way to attach larger size hyperlinked versions of the pictures that are in the report?

Imagine it like this. You are scrolling through a PDF report. You see a picture that you want to blow up for a better look at detail. You click on the pic and it pops up enlarged in a different window.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Just tell them how to use the zoom-in tool in their Acrobat Reader.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I know this sounds simplistic, but when I have this issue, I work to think more like a photographer in how I could frame and/or light the shot to provide more information.

Initially, I'd just snap away & walk away from a job w/100 pics. Now, when I see an issue, I take a few seconds to think about the image, and what would work best. That, and the zoom in feature on Acrobat. I also mark up my photos in Acrobat; there's a real simple arrow & circle drawing feature that pinpoints the concern in the photo.

Or, I burn CD's on occasion. Cheap & easy.

Working w/photos is both a total pain in the butt and a blessing in disguise. Taking the right image, not several bad images, is a skill I had to develop.