Appraisers Cheer Peer That's Suing WAMU

hausdok

In his syndicated column today, columnist Kenneth Harney of the Washington Post explains why an appraiser is suing the country's largest thrift, Washington Mutual, for being blacklisted.

Could there ever be a situation where home inspectors might be able to make a similar case against real estate folks? To read more, click here.

I was a State Certified Real Estate Appraiser (now inactive). I quit because of reasons stated in the article. I can assure you that all a mortgage broker want's from an appraiser is a bottom line that will make the deal work and they do not care how you get it but just get it. We used to say that a Mortgage broker would sell their sister into a house of ill repute if it would close the deal. I went into a restaurant a decade or so past and a broker that had lied and cheated me sat there with his wife. All of a sudden something happened to me. My eyes got large and smoke started coming from my nostrils. I went to his table poked my finger in his face and told him in no uncertain terms what a @%^&*((*&% he was and believe me I did not hold back. I never got my money but the look on that scum bags face was worth it. You could say what I did was rude and uncouth but I would do it again in a New York minute.

My blood pressure is elavating now so I will sign off now.

Paul B.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Realtors can only dream of having the kind of influence over us that bankers and mortgage brokers have over most appraisers. I tried it for one year, found I had to choose between being successful and being honest, and got the hell out.

I hope all of the slimy scumbags that fueled this, the latest multi-billion dollar debacle, will wind up broke and living out of a car for a good long time. Wishful thinking, I know.

Maybe the old Arab curse: May the fleas of a thousand camels nest in your crotch!

Brian G.

Godspeed to the Lawsuit [:-thumbu]