height of ceiling in bathroom

Phillip

Hi to all,

I have an bathroom in a home built in 2004. It is up stairs The ceiling hight is 7 ft. The ceiling over the toilet slopes. Where in the 2003 IRC can I find this?

Here are the photos.

The toilet.

Image Insert:

200812982041_01.28.08%20181.jpg

38.71 KB

Here is the height at the center of the toilet.

Image Insert:

200812982320_01.28.08%20178.jpg

62.58 KB

Here is the low point.

Image Insert:

200812982543_01.28.08%20179.jpg

53.22 KB

Thanks

R305.1

Exception 3 - for rooms w/sloped ceilings, minimum 50% must have a ceiling height of 7' and no portion of the required floor area may have a ceiling height of <5'

Exception 4 - Bathrooms minimum ceiling height of 6'8" over the fixture, and at the front clearance (21" in front of toilet) for fixtures shown in Figure 307.1

I don't think they have the required headroom over the toilet.

Thanks Kurt.

That what I needed. I had seen it before, just could not remember where. I could to take some time and learn where more items are in the IRC.

Inspected this house 3 year ago and it had problems. 1 year old and the owner had me do an inspection to get a list for the builder and it has structural problem along with plumbing and electrical . The owners are taking the builder to court. The lawyer had me do another inspection yesterday and I found more problems. I have leaned more about home since then.

The lawyer wants me to go to court.