Tiled-Over Whirlpool Tubs

Brian G

I just did a house with one of those whirlpool tubs where they tiled-over the whole thing, no access of any kind anywhere. 2 questions:

1. Does code say anything about it?

2. How do you write it up? (Notice: Good bolierplate / comments will be stolen without hesitation.)

This is the same house that has the hidden gas heater. It was built by a local builder for himself; been in it for 10 years. I'm told he's a little sensitive about the house. Wait till he gets my report....

Brian G.

Originally posted by Brian G.

I just did a house with one of those whirlpool tubs where they tiled-over the whole thing, no access of any kind anywhere. 2 questions:

1. Does code say anything about it?

Depends on the code. The IRC says that there must be a door or panel to allow repair or replacement of the pump. (P2720.1)

2. How do you write it up? (Notice: Good bolierplate / comments will be stolen without hesitation.)

There's no ready access for servicing or replacement of the whirlpool bath pump. Note that these pumps often require replacement every ten years or so.

1. Provide ready access to the whirlpool bath pump in the ??? bathroom.

This is the same house that has the hidden gas heater. It was built by a local builder for himself; been in it for 10 years. I'm told he's a little sensitive about the house. Wait till he gets my report....

I'm sure he'll appreciate your thoroughness and candor.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Hah! [:-bigmouth]

You know how many of us went to the Red/White game? You won't believe it if I tell you. But I'll tell you: 61,417 people attended a scrimmage, for crying out loud! Hell, the band was there, the vendors were there, Husker Vision was going, the P/A was booming... the only thing missing was der weiner schlinger. (You gotta be a UNL engineering grad to understand "der weiner schlinger") [:-bouncy]

As a whole, consdidering that the entire Husker Nation has been pulled backwards through the keyhole for the last 6 months, we need therapy. [:-football] [:-football] [:-football] www.coachcallahan.com

I'd put my mug up there, but honestly I haven't really figured out how to do it. [:-dunce]

How do I do it? [:-irked]

Originally posted by Konrad

61,417 people attended a scrimmage, for crying out loud!

My kinda people...football people. [:-football]

I'd put my mug up there, but honestly I haven't really figured out how to do it.

How do I do it?

You e-mail it to Mike and beg. Worked for me.

Brian G.

What's That Old Line About "Be Careful What You Wish For"? [:-blindfold]