I want the white boxes to look as good as they can

det_wireman

Hello everyone.

My home is made up of two boxes. The original box (almost a square) was built in the 1950’s and then I built an addition (a rectangle attached to original box) in the late 70’s. I put white vinyl siding on the outside and black shingles on the roof. It is my home and I like the location and plan on living there for the rest of my life. My home looks very plain and my desire is redo the exterior (roof and siding). I’d like to add a little pizzazz to the home’s exterior. My problem is I or my wife don’t have the imagination to do it. I would like a professional to look at existing house and give me some ideas / options and some drawings (so I could see his vision and pick what I liked). I called an architect and he said he just did structural drawings not designing.

Do any of you know if there are professional’s that help homeowners like me to come up with ideas and plans? What do you call them?

I've had a couple builders bid on residing and new shingles but they really didn't have any ideas on dressing up home's look.

Originally posted by det_wireman

Hello everyone.

My home is made up of two boxes. The original box (almost a square) was built in the 1950’s and then I built an addition (a rectangle attached to original box) in the late 70’s. I put white vinyl siding on the outside and black shingles on the roof. It is my home and I like the location and plan on living there for the rest of my life. My home looks very plain and my desire is redo the exterior (roof and siding). I’d like to add a little pizzazz to the home’s exterior. My problem is I or my wife don’t have the imagination to do it. I would like a professional to look at existing house and give me some ideas / options and some drawings (so I could see his vision and pick what I liked). I called an architect and he said he just did structural drawings not designing.

Do any of you know if there are professional’s that help homeowners like me to come up with ideas and plans? What do you call them?

I've had a couple builders bid on residing and new shingles but they really didn't have any ideas on dressing up home's look.

You called the wrong architect or there was a lack of communication. I never heard of an architect that did not design. Sounds like you spoke to a structural engineer.