Another day in the life...

I just got cussed out and threatened with a lawsuit by the seller of the house I inspected today. He was my best friend until he saw my findings:

Broken truss

shot water heater

planter built up against a stucco house

buried gas line, not to code

piece of crap spa

the typical homeowner electrical screw ups

Oh well, one less Christmas card...

I delivered my second report with sick trees in it today. The first one was a fisbo / private, this one is realtor / realtor. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the listing agents' office tomorrow. "The son of a b**** even wrote up the trees! The trees!" [:-gnasher]

Ah, good fun is where you find it. [:-dev3]

Brian G.

Chris,

I was even going to send you a Christmas card until I read your post. Does everyone in this profession go around insulting and demeaning innocent houses for money?

If we were smarter, we'd go around praising and glorifying them all and selling them. That's where the real money is made.

Blessed are the simple minded for they shall inspect the houses,

Jim Morrison

Lancaster, MA

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

Chris,

I was even going to send you a Christmas card until I read your post. Does everyone in this profession go around insulting and demeaning innocent houses for money?

If we were smarter, we'd go around praising and glorifying them all and selling them. That's where the real money is made.

Blessed are the simple minded for they shall inspect the houses,

Jim Morrison

Lancaster, MA

Ya know Jim, it really did have a lovely view, and the local schools are excellent!

We went out to one of the nice little neighborhood grill places tonight. Naturally my 5 year old (Jake) had to "go" just as the food was arriving, so my wife took him to hustle it up. She came back and told me the light was off in there, but Jake had immediately known the GFCI was tripped. He pushed the reset and got the lights on, then promptly noted a crack in the bottom of the sink. He said it couldn't be fixed, it would have to be replaced...then he went.

What am I doing to this child? [:-propeller]

Brian G.

Creating A Monster (Inspector) [:-magnify]

• 2 weeks later...

He did it again. I was sitting here last night finishing up a report when Jake came in. I flipped to look at a photo, and he says "What is that?". I said "They're bugs that sometimes get into walls and eat the wood." His eyes got big and he said "Those are termites!". I asked him where he learned about termites. Would you believe an old Popeye cartoon? "The termites ate Popeyes' house, so he built a steel one and painted it to look like wood to make the termites break their teeth." Incredible.

Brian G.