Something else I don't know!

Les

It looks like it's designed to support something in tension.

It looks like it's cast brass. That makes me think it's designed to be out in the weather.

The screw eye tightens onto a reciever that's designed to accept (something) from one of two different directions -- in line or transverse.

I wonder if it's designed to hold the messenger wire in a triplex cable or perhaps to hold up festoon lighting?

Is the shorter bolt split? That is, can a wire pass wholly through the bolt on the opposite side of the nut (under the half-cylinder-shaped clamp)?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

nope not a split bolt. both clamping openings are approx same size and the stranded wire shown is 22ga bare. it is cast brass and the threads are actually cut rather than rolled. it was loose on the #4 ground wire and the thread tarnish indicate it has been that way for years. there were two in this house that is being gutted and I conned the super into giving me this one. Entrance panel was permitted 100amp upgrade, house was 1952.

Large eye tells me it was designed to be tightened by hand.

Originally posted by Jesse

My wife makes fun of me cuz I'm hooked on this site. She comes into the office and says, "Talking to your friends again?" I can' t help it. You really can learn something here every day. Thanks to all.

Yep,

And I be the cartel that's supplying all of this internet smack. Wanna cut? Just send me a cool 12 mil and I'll tell you how to get in on the action. [;)]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Don Mike

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

My wife makes fun of me cuz I'm hooked on this site. She comes into the office and says, "Talking to your friends again?" I can' t help it. You really can learn something here every day. Thanks to all.

Life is pretty universal.My wife calls it 'playing with my little friends'.

My answer is always the same: So?

Wives are amazing, aren't they? They'll disappear all day, come home with a bunch of shopping bags, and then expensive new shoes and designer handbags worth several inspection fees magically appear in the closet. However, let a guy go to home depot and purchase a couple of new screwdrivers on sale for a couple of bucks each and you'd think that we (husbands) are spending money hand over fist and placing the family on the brink of bankruptcy.

I'm convinced there's a diode wired into every woman's head that causes one-way-street syndrome.

Enough of the Ranting Rainbow, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

OT - OF!!!

M.

P.S.

Has anyone else ever noticed that spell checker corrects Fabry with Fairy? Hmm....