Jump to content

Black flexible rubber-like gas water heater vent


Recommended Posts

Image Insert:


51.32 KB

OK guys.. first time I've seen this type of install today. It was a gas water heater (2006) with a black flexible 'rubber like' hose with extra slack run from the power vent to the exterior. Would have expected to see rigid PVC for this application. Is this material (in the photo) approved for this?

I did note the slack and the loose hose clamp in the report.

Any help would be appreciated.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted a similar question about a year ago, having never seen that material used for a vent before, Matt. Les and some of the other Michigan people said the stuff is common up there and also legal.

Here's a similar thread that discusses those vent connectors. Lots of us had never seen them before.

https://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum ... IC_ID=3060

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...