plumbing vents (or lack there of)

jodil

Originally posted by kurt

Wasn't there some other goofy story from Kentucky about a similar law, and when it became public, the governor hizzelf stepped in and said "wait a minute; this is detrimental to the consumer"? Maybe it wasn't Kentucky, but some other state(?).

Yep, North Carolina. The home inspectors took out a permit to protest, went down to the state capitol and stood on the steps with picket signs and with tape over their mouths. Made the news big time! If I were a Kentucky inspector, I'd be organizating just such a rally.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Originally posted by jodil

He calls me back that afternoon and says "The city inspector says he's tired of justifying his job to little 120 lb female inspectors. You will get a call from him."

That sure sounds like gender bias to me. He's a public official. Is he going to treat all female contractors and inspectors that way? Time for the Mayor and city hall to come down on him with both feet. Time to attend the next city council meeting.

OT - OF!!!

M.

He calls me back that afternoon and says "The city inspector says he's tired of justifying his job to little 120 lb female inspectors. You will get a call from him."

I'm with Mike. That kind of naked bias gets people fired or sued every day. What a tool.

So the city inspector calls me, says he doesnt REMEMBER telling anyone that it was NOT code to bring the vents through the roof, and he doesnt remember even inspecting that house for final approval anyways.

The plumber and the roofer amazingly now remember that it IS code to extend the vents through the roof, but are both blaming eachother for not finishing the job.

Ah, the bitter, bitter taste of crow. It often makes the consumers thereof lie like dogs.

Good job Jodi. You're officially in The Hammer Club. BAM!

Brian G.

Beware 120 lb Female Hammers [:-wiltel]

Know the code! Offer it to the Muni as a recommendation.

Boston skul yahrd logic. Pick out the biggest one and apply the "hammer" correctly. Chances are, you may only need to carry it around the rest of the time.

Munis whine talk to each other. Realtors whine talk to each other. Know you stuff and protect you turf. Don't ever let them see you blink.[:-banghea[:-banghea

Yah, that is sweet. Very, very sweet.

Total pro shot.

You just amped up your business a couple notches today; you finished your Masters Degree in Crap Detection.

Be proud of this one.

And, I apologize for the "guy" thing a few posts previous. There's so few women in this business, I just kinda went autopilot in my comments. Won't happen again.

Ive been advised by my almighty female real estate attorney friend that I should not post comments on forums such as this that could in any way be taken as slanderous to another person. So now that we all know the rest of the story, how do I go about removing a post or comment?

Ive been advised by my almighty female real estate attorney friend that I should not post comments on forums such as this that could in any way be taken as slanderous to another person. So now that we all know the rest of the story, how do I go about removing a post or comment?

Go to the post you want to edit and, at the upper right hand side, click on the box that says, "Edit Post."

BTW, since you wrote it, it's called libel. If you speak it, it's called slander.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Well Jodi,

I don't talk much with the local code people. When I have a question, I go straight to the state people. They're less likely to be in cahoots with the local contractors, etc.

Here is your's.

Call em and ask em?

North Dakota State Board of Plumbing

204 West Thayer Avenue

Bismarck, ND 58501

(701) 328-9979

And if you want to e-mail them a question send it to the Board Administrator

Laurie Nelson lanelson@state.nd.us

And if you want information on the rest of the board go here

http://governor.state.nd.us/boards/boar ... oard_ID=83

Members are listed at the bottom of the page.