Originally posted by AHI

Anyone ever use this or something like it?

Yes, I used an e-fax number for a couple of years. It worked great.

The only drawback was that, in those days, you had to take whatever number they gave you. They gave me and out-of-state number and people who sent faxes to it had to pay toll charges. I see that you can now choose a local number.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I've used efax for about 5 years. Paid the extra for a local number. No complaints about the service but, frankly, it only gets used a very few times each year and I could probably do without it. However, I now split the expense with another HI (neighborhood friend). The only small drawback is that I had to set it up so that we both get the e-mails and therefore get to see each other's faxes as you have to open them first to see who they are addressed to. Not a big deal as he only gets a few too.

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi,

I can't remember the last time I sent a fax and the only ones that come in now are usually fax spam, so I can't see spending money for a service.

OT - OF!!!

M.

Think of it more for Receiving, as it converts incoming faxes to email.

If you have clients signing your IA prior to the appointment, and they can't attend, how do you get the signed form?

Dom.

As opposed to faxing documents there is another aproach. How many of you use a scanner and then email?

For instance, you need to do the "inspection agreement" thing with a client before a job but can't actually meet with them.

1. Have them print a blank agreement from your site.

2. They sign it, scan it, and email it to you.

3. You print it, sign it, scan it, and email their copy back.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by davidlord

I used the fax about the last time I used my 8 track.

I know I know. However, there are a few stragglers out there and I am just trying to accommodate them. One of them happens to be the lab that sends the results of radon tests. They are behind the times and they admit it. I have also had more than one occasion where a client was out of state and wanted to use fax to send me agreement/contract.