Sink Installation

DonTx

Does anyone have sink installation instructions?

I couldn't find any manufacturers name on this sink, but the builder swears (don't they all) that this under counter sink is mounted correctly. The main kitchen sink is also installed this way, only there was a piece of 1x2 trim holding it up.

Donald

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IMG_0096.JPG

35.83 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif IMG_0104.JPG

28.81 KB

Is it just being held in place with the sealant?

Looks like the sink has bracket holders on the sides. Is it possible that a bracket of some type is to be mounted on the underside of the counter top and the sink fitted into place?

Might be worth a trip to the Big Orange Box to see if you can spot a similar type sink.

Actually both sinks are being held in with just the sealant. (well, the large kitchen sink has 1x2 trim helping to hold it up) This home was 4800 sf and was listed for 750k. It's like I tell my clients, price doesn't guarantee you nothing but a larger mortgage.

I'm finding more and more like these, even the bathroom sinks!

Thanks for the link, it's very helpful.

Donald

Originally posted by Donald Lawson

Actually both sinks are being held in with just the sealant. (well, the large kitchen sink has 1x2 trim helping to hold it up)

Jeez, that would be silly enough if it were installed from the top. I cannot imagine how anyone could expect the sealant to support a sink over any reasonable space of time. And jamming a piece of trim under it? Pitiful.

Donald, what's your secret? How did you keep from laughing in the guys' face?

Brian G.

Admirer of Epic Self Control [:-dopey]