Small pest problem.

Terence McCann

I opened up the panel to the right of the one in the picture and found 3 or 4 empty nut shells before I opened up the one in the picture. There were missing knockouts in both of these panels & he was going back and forth using these. My client was a younger woman who was there with her parents. I wasn't startled until she let out a scream that damn near made me hit my head on the joists.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Summit Ave004Small.jpg

70.35 KB

As most of you know, I'm less afraid of death than I am of rats.

I was once in an unfinished garage, trying to test some water stains on the floor above with my moisture meter, when I glanced over at the area above the wall plate between the joists and was started by this big black rat hanging onto a 220 cable by his front paws and staring right at me. I was so startled I let out a yell, lunged backward and the stepladder and I ended up on the floor with my butt planted squarely in a big oil spot from a leaking oil pan.

I was scrambling to vacate the garage, doing an immitation of Carl Louis doing the 100 meter dash, when I realized my client was doubled over laughing and in tears. It seems Mr. Rat was dead as a doornail and hadn't twitched a muscle. Still, it was a good two or three minutes before I went back into that garage to verify what he was telling me.

Damn near had heart failure!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

See,

That's what's so weird. I love snakes, spiders, scorpions and just about all wildlife and they don't really bother me. When I encounter them in the wild, I'm rarely startled. Believe it or not, we had some big timber rattlers on the little mountain behind my home in New York State, and I used to go up there and screw with them all the time and never got bit. There's just something about a rat that flips a switch in my head that says, "Run!"

However, put me in a cement block structure with a rat and I'll probably pound my way through the wall to get out. Go figure.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike