Poor Siding and Trim Installation

Bryan

I see wood trim and siding installed with out the proper clearance to flashing, concrete and earth. I know it's wrong and there should be clearance to prevent wicking of moisture which will lead to rot and detereration. It is rare anyone would remove all the trim and siding to repair the issue, so what should the recommendation be to the client?

Bryan

Originally posted by Bryan

I see wood trim and siding installed with out the proper clearance to flashing, concrete and earth. I know it's wrong and there should be clearance to prevent wicking of moisture which will lead to rot and detereration. It is rare anyone would remove all the trim and siding to repair the issue, so what should the recommendation be to the client?

Bryan

Why would you consider making your recommendations contingent on whether or not someone is likely to carry them out?

When I see something that I think is a problem, I just tell folks what's wrong, why I think it's important, and what I think they outght to do to fix it. Then I let them decide what is and isn't worth fixing.

If you try to make that decision for them, you're making the job much harder than it needs to be.

- Jim Katen, Oregon