Realtor Survey: Consumers Want One-Stop Shopping

hausdok

The National Association of Realtors® and Harris Interactive recently surveyed over 1,400 recent and future home buyers in order to gage consumer preferences when it comes to real estate services.

The survey, conducted in January, confirmed the top five most-recommended services associated with one-stop shopping are home warranty, inspection, closing and title, mortgage, and homeowner’s insurance. Of those services, home inspection was the service that consumers recommended the most at 59%, followed by closing and title (49%), mortgage (31%), home warranty (23%) and homeowner’s insurance (20%).

To read the entire article click here.

Originally posted by hausdok

The National Association of Realtors® and Harris Interactive recently surveyed over 1,400 recent and future home buyers in order to gage consumer preferences when it comes to real estate services.

The survey, conducted in January, confirmed the top five most-recommended services associated with one-stop shopping are home warranty, inspection, closing and title, mortgage, and homeowner’s insurance. Of those services, home inspection was the service that consumers recommended the most at 59%, followed by closing and title (49%), mortgage (31%), home warranty (23%) and homeowner’s insurance (20%).

To read the entire article click here.

Mike, the paragraph from the article reads...

The survey confirmed the top five most-recommended services associated with one-stop shopping are home warranty, inspection, closing and title, mortgage, and homeowner’s insurance. Home inspection was the top most recommended at 59%, followed by closing and title (49%), mortgage (31%), home warranty (23%) and homeowner’s insurance (20%).

I'm reading that as the consumers' experience with the "one-stop" realtors is them, the realtors, recommending the home inspector 59% of the time...not necessarily as the consumers desire for them to do so.

In other words, I'm thinking that the question was "Did your realtor recommend the home inspector?" rather than "Would you like your realtor to recommend the HI?".

It ain't good either way, but there is a difference depending on how you interpret it. I would love to see the actual survey as these things are often worded in a way that tends to slant results towards the preferred answer.

I would hate to see inspections as part of the one stop package. I believe we would soon hear of in house inspectors being touted as a good thing and legislation allowing an affiliation between realtors and inspectors, thus eliminating the unbiased evaluation of the home. What a field day for the lawyers.

Rick

Whenever I want to deal with someone, I want to be sure that they're one of the best I can find in the field. I have never found all-in-one or little-of-this-little-of-that to be very useful.

In today's market, people don't stay in a job long enough to learn it adequately. While the all in one concept looks good on paper, it really is a bad idea that does not pan out. I sure miss the mom & pop stores we use to have around here before we were urbanized.