home manual

I'm looking for a PDF of a good home owners manual I can store on my site. You know, the kind they stick in the back of the checklist style reports. Something like that maybe, except in PDF so I can attach the link to the end of my reports. Can you help?

Also, what about finding an image/diagram data base? Things I can insert in my reports to help explain problems. Is there a free source for those online or will I need to pay a vendor somewhere?

The Code Check illustrations are pretty good, but some of them are a bit silly with Ben Franklin standing on his tippey-toes and pointing to things. The Illustrated Home by Dearborn has a large collection of illustrations as well.

I have been drawing some of my own with my CAD software. Here's one of my favorites. Feel free to use it.

Image Insert:

20085314628_AC%20Refig%20Line.jpg

104.03 KB

Originally posted by AHI

I'm looking for a PDF of a good home owners manual I can store on my site. You know, the kind they stick in the back of the checklist style reports. Something like that maybe, except in PDF so I can attach the link to the end of my reports. Can you help?

Also, what about finding an image/diagram data base? Things I can insert in my reports to help explain problems. Is there a free source for those online or will I need to pay a vendor somewhere?

Tom, has a good one that I have seen many inspectors using. I don't know the cost of it but I would think that it should not be all that much.

Tom's website... http://www.misterfix-it.com/

I give my clients a copy of basic Home Systems (How To Operate Your Home) That comes from Mr. Fix-it. Around $3 a book. I even give it to the clients I email. They sell A CD for around $195. This is from the old price list that I have.

I did at one time used a check list. But I got away from it a few year ago.

Originally posted by AHI

Whatever you choose to use, make sure you have the permission of the author and publisher to use and share it in the way that you would like to do.