Interesting Puzzle

Here is a puzzle my son presented to me today. Maybe it will offer JK some diversion.

You have a small 3 story building with no windows, one room on each floor. There are 3 light switches on the exterior of the building. You can't see the door from the light switches. you need to figure out which switch lights the incandescant light on each floor. You only get one trip in. How do you do this?

Originally posted by Richard Saunders

Here is a puzzle my son presented to me today. Maybe it will offer JK some diversion.

You have a small 3 story building with no windows, one room on each floor. There are 3 light switches on the exterior of the building. You can't see the door from the light switches. you need to figure out which switch lights the incandescant light on each floor. You only get one trip in. How do you do this?

Turn one switch on, wait outside a half-hour, turn on another and quickly check which of the two on bulbs is hottest - hottest will be the first switch you turned on, cooler one will be the second switch you turned on. Bulb that ain't on is the last switch.

Originally posted by Richard Saunders

Go in the house and call your helper on his cellphone who is standing by the switches. As he turns them on and off you can tell him which switch does which light.