Jump to content

Help, electrician needed.


Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Bain

I no longer say, "Missing strain relief, " 'cause most electricians have no idea what I mean. "Missing Romex conductor," though, typically gets the problem taken care of.

Did you mean "missing Romex connector"?

When prescribing strain relief, electricians will often assume you are calling for a Hubbell/Kellems connector or other cord connector with the rubber gland inside.

We call the NM clamps "wire clamp connectors" and all parties know what's needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Phillip

This is the interior panel from the house with the termite tubes.

Image Insert:


117.53 KB

Image Insert:


147.34 KB

Here is a ceiling fan.

Image Insert:


106.08 KB

Based on the main conductors coming into the bottom of the panel I would guess that the panel was upgraded at one time.

Don't get me started on the lack of quality workmanship. Keep a fire extinguisher close by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Wow.. whomever did that electrical work needs to be put away. Definitely non-professional work needing attention by a professional.

FYI...I typically call them wire bushings or clamps. A qualified electrician will know what you mean when you call the lack of them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...