Lawyer bait

Happy Fathers day.

While waiting to go out to lunch with my stepdaughter, I was killing time on Youtube. I found something that almost made my head explode. I won't comment on it, other than to warn you to turn your speakers down at the beginning and the end, and to wonder just what "piece of mind" he gives.

I know there's no point in posting this, but I can't help myself.

[utube]

[/utube]

From his blog:

Are You Experiencing a Down Market?

Posted on February 1st, 2008 by David

I want you to know that we are keenly aware that the real estate market has slowed down. And I know that You need to close every transaction you get so that You can achieve Your goals.

When choosing IHI Home INspections to do your home inspection you can count on me to do 7 key things and they are as follows:

1. I convey MY inspection findings in a Neutral, Non-Scary manner.

2. I go out of my way to say Nice things about the house.

3. I make sure the client is 200% Satisfied with their work.

4. I ask myself; Does This Comment Have To Go On The Summary Pages?

5. I look sharp and have my vehicle looking sharp, so that I present the proper image to your client.

6. To be sure you get Zero Callbacks!

I guarantee you that you can count on ME to do everything possible to help You move your transactions forward!

Originally posted by Jerry Simon

"Piece" of mind...? Moronic.

I liked, "no bulky emails..."

There are thousands of HIs doing the same thing, and worse. No skillset. Just bullshift.

I just finished my 32 hours of continuing education (required by TN). With the exception of one of the tests, I think my Basset hound Rufus could've completed the tests and gotten his HI license. I finished 34 hours (got two extra) in less than 8 hours.

A funny: I made my worst grade on a report-writing test. The instructions included warnings such as: use good grammar, don't use jargon, don't use abbreviations, etc. Once I started taking the test, I found that just about every page was loaded with bad grammar, jargon, abbreviations, as well as the usual logical breakdowns, misspellings and questions with more than one correct answer, or no correct answer.

I'm just guessing, but I think there may be a few hundred -- or maybe just a few dozen -- useful HIs on the planet. The rest are just guys who couldn't get a GED if they had two years to study for it.

There are 760 licensed HIs in TN right now. I know of 2 or 3 that I'd refer to a friend or family member.

The people who hire dumb HIs are getting what they paid for, and what they deserve. Dumb and cheap always costs more than smart and expensive.

Rant off,

WJid="blue">

I happened to follow behind a franchise inspector lately, whose "list" of corrections to make included mostly paint touch-up spots. He actually called for a piece of shoe mold at a door threshold to be sanded. Plus, on a six by six porch post he called for the grade stamp to be sanded off and the stain/finish to be repaired!

Originally posted by Jim Baird

I happened to follow behind a franchise inspector lately, whose "list" of corrections to make included mostly paint touch-up spots. He actually called for a piece of shoe mold at a door threshold to be sanded. Plus, on a six by six porch post he called for the grade stamp to be sanded off and the stain/finish to be repaired!

On new construction I have made almost the same recommendations. Why would my client want a lumber grade stamp on their front porch? It could also be that this was an issue for the client and the inspector added it at the clients request. I see nothing wrong with reporting on an item like a lumber grade stamp in the middle of a wooden front porch.

Like others, I too will include client requested comments.

I do not touch aesthetics in general. My exceptions are on new construction one comment I typically use is "touch up painting is not yet complete" and specific comments for legal work. Of course this takes time so it is by the hour. [:-party][:-party]

I believe comments on the condition of exterior paint surfaces and urethane coated wood doors are appropriate as they can have a financial effect on the consumer.

Originally posted by AHI

I'm glad I found this forum because it taught me how to not be like that. I'm surrounded by these types in my area. I'm getting ready to add a bit to my website that talks about it. I want to stand out from these types. I need to tell the public why I do.

I take it by "that" you mean David in the video.

Originally posted by charlieb

Originally posted by AHI

I'm glad I found this forum because it taught me how to not be like that. I'm surrounded by these types in my area. I'm getting ready to add a bit to my website that talks about it. I want to stand out from these types. I need to tell the public why I do.

I take it by "that" you mean David in the video.

Yes, I was making a reference to the general idea that is portrayed in the video.

Originally posted by AHI

I want to stand out from these types. I need to tell the public why I do.

Here we have a noob in the business who's figured out the "secret" to a successful HI business in the 21st century.

Expect the realtors to try everything they got to kill you. Don't get depressed. You're going to do real fine if you can keep your head above water for a couple years.

Originally posted by kurt

Originally posted by AHI

I want to stand out from these types. I need to tell the public why I do.

Here we have a noob in the business who's figured out the "secret" to a successful HI business in the 21st century.

Expect the realtors to try everything they got to kill you. Don't get depressed. You're going to do real fine if you can keep your head above water for a couple years.

Thanks. I'm hanging in there so far. My clients have shown a great deal of appreciation for the loyalty I give them. As you might imagine, my phone is not ringing off the hook. I'm getting a job here and there, just enough to keep me interested and believing that this might work out in the long run.

BTW, one of my more recent jobs had a significant number of issues with the house. There were enough issues that one could imagine the deal becoming complicated. My client, the buyer, fired his agent for attempting to discredit my work. That agent when faced with a challenge did not want to do their job. Instead, they wanted to sluff blame on me.

Originally posted by AHI

BTW, one of my more recent jobs had a significant number of issues with the house. There were enough issues that one could imagine the deal becoming complicated. My client, the buyer, fired his agent for attempting to discredit my work. That agent when faced with a challenge did not want to do their job. Instead, they wanted to sluff blame on me.

That story is your future if you can hang in there.