Jump to content

Old Thingy Needs ID

Jerry Simon

Recommended Posts

I think Kyle might have it, or at least is close: a louver or damper actuator.

It looks like one that would be part of an HVAC economizer, not that you would find that setup in an old house. It looks like there are mounting holes for another pin on the far side of the arm. As the arm rotated, via rods, one damper would be opened while another closed.

Maybe that unit was salvaged from a commercial building and put to a new use. Or maybe not.

More than you want to know about economizers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...