Shocking Back Splash

fqp25

I found something similar a couple of years ago and called the electrical inspection peeps. They said--and I realize they are oftentimes wrong--that there was nothing in the NEC that prohibited a panel near a sink.

Maybe the folks in charge should back off AFCIs and concentrate on stuff like this.

I think that the only possible argument that might hold water is that this could be construed to be considered a "wet" location and anly type 3 and type 3R panels are approved for installation in a "wet" location.

The panel is obviously not original to the home. If you can prove that it's post-1993, you have a case for moving it because since 1993 the working space must go all the way to the floor in front of the panel.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Bain

I found something similar a couple of years ago and called the electrical inspection peeps. They said--and I realize they are oftentimes wrong--that there was nothing in the NEC that prohibited a panel near a sink.

That's was I was thinking (although I may be wrong). Most of the code stuff I've read about kitchen sinks is having outlets on both sides of a sink so you will not be draping a cord over the sink. And GFI of course.