NEW HI ISO CONTRACT/AGREEMENT OKLAHOMA

I just got my license, business cards and downloaded INSPECTEXPRESS onto my Vista PC. I have been searching for a simple contract/agreement with not much luck. Short of just writing my own(I dont have a legal background) I am almost at a loss. I have looked at other HI's on the web but most are too long or state specific. Anyone have any suggestions so that I can get started? Also, anyone dealt with INSPECTEXPRESS techincal support?

Newbee in Oklahoma

I had a lawyer make my agreement - making your own is an invitation to disaster - if you do write your own, have a lawyer go over it. I have dealt with tech support at InspectExpress a number of times (rather they have dealt with me). They are fantastic - I can't imagine anyone being better.

-Brad

Originally posted by kimball gray

I just got my license, business cards and downloaded INSPECTEXPRESS onto my Vista PC. I have been searching for a simple contract/agreement with not much luck. Short of just writing my own(I dont have a legal background) I am almost at a loss. I have looked at other HI's on the web but most are too long or state specific. Anyone have any suggestions so that I can get started? Also, anyone dealt with INSPECTEXPRESS techincal support?

Newbee in Oklahoma

Whatever you do, don't go hunting through the Internet for HI contracts. Also, assiduously avoid any HI contracts that come with HI "reporting systems."

No offense to anybody, but HIs, taken as a breed, are the worst people on earth for writing contracts. Most of the DIY HI contracts I've seen are full of errors in spelling, grammar, syntax and logic. Such contracts are easily destroyed by any lawyer and/or expert with a thimbleful of brains.

Do this: Find a lawyer who knows something about how the HI business works, and something about writing contracts. Go to that lawyer's office, and explain what you do. Then, pay the lawyer the going rate for writing a simple contract.

WJid="blue">