Quarters on the Window

Mike Lamb

Were they heads up or down? I wouldn't leave your home until you give me the answer and I can advise you on your fate.

Kidding.

I've heard of the placing of shiny new coins on all the window sills, before midnight on New Year's Eve, for good luck or prosperity. Possibly an Italian tradition.

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

I've heard of the placing of shiny new coins on all the window sills, before midnight on New Year's Eve, for good luck or prosperity. Possibly an Italian tradition.

My Uncle Izzy started this tradition. He used to take my older brother and me with him on New Year's Eve. We did so well, we started the Chinese doing it too. It was convenient, a couple of weeks later, another payday

When the owner moved out, they used the coins as a means to contain the spirit that they're fleeing so they won't be haunted in the future. Remove one of those coins and you'll be responsible for that spirit leaving that house and wandering the earth aimlessly trying to find and re-haunt those folks because, unfortunately, spirits don't have an address forwarding service.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

When the owner moved out, they used the coins as a means to contain the spirit that they're fleeing so they won't be haunted in the future. Remove one of those coins and you'll be responsible for that spirit leaving that house and wandering the earth aimlessly trying to find and re-haunt those folks because, unfortunately, spirits don't have an address forwarding service.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

So the cost of "spirit containment" is 25 cents per window, huh? What does it cost to cover the doors?[:-angel]

Tom

While our house was under construction my wife went and got $20 in quarters. She made me hide them all over the house and in the same place that you found your quarters. The reason she wanted the quarters in the house was so that as long as we lived in the house we would never be broke, we will always have at least $20 in the house. That could be the reason, just my guess.

P.S. I don't know where she came up with that idea, I just do what I'm told.

Mike H.

www.rqahomeinspections.com