bump-outs?

Originally posted by John Dirks Jr

In the description of the house pictured below, the following phrase is used.

Extra 2ft bump-outs on both levels

I already have an idea but just to be sure, what exactly does this mean? Should I be looking for anything particular with respect to this? It's a split level design built in 1965.

The description is just referring to the overhanging section under the gable in the picture. It looks more like a one-foot bump out to me.

There's really nothing in particular to be concerned with on a bump out like that.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

The words "extra 2ft bump-outs on both levels" are pretty much nonsensical. What's "extra" about it/them? The design, such as it is, speaks for itself. Anybody can see the bumps and understand them, without any description at all.

I don't know why an HI should fret over the salesfolks' gobbledegook. I say ignore it.

But that's just me,

WJ

Originally posted by John Dirks Jr

Should I be looking for anything particular with respect to this? It's a split level design built in 1965.

Image Insert:

200894193053_1.jpg

46.13 KB

This is a little off topic, but something I often see are deck ledgers attached to and supported by the overhang/bump out, instead of being configured as free standing decks.

Tim