Inspector Uses "Rain Simulator"

"Rain simulator technology", he says. Talk about trying to make something simple sound fancy; his "technology" is a hose. I can't say there's anything wrong with that, but he should state it differently.

"I wet down the roof with a hose!"

Of course, he isn't likely to find many leaks that way, unless he stands there for an hour or two; but whatever.

Brian G.

Pull Over Somewhere Honey, I Need to Simulate Rainid="Script MT Bold"> Like a Race Horse [:-sour]

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Rain simulator=hose with water? Please, stop. Everyday it gets a little more embarrassing to be a home inspector.

Chad Fabry, owner StructureSmart Home Inspection Inc.

I'm not kidding, I took that part out.

I feel your pain. I purposely left the words "home inspection" out of my company's name.

If I can ever get caught up, I ought to put together a novel that features HIs. Kinda like the movie, "Tin Men."

While I'm thinking about it, am I the only one who's noticed that "King of the Hill" has focused on HI work, a bug man (Dale), home improvement, crackpot theories (Dale again)wrenching on cars and lawn mowers, installing bootleg toilets, etc.? Hank and his cronies would be an upgrade from a whole lot of HIs.

WJid="blue">

Chad Fabry, owner StructureSmart Home Inspection Inc.

I'm not kidding, I took that part out.

I'm way ahead of you bro'. I never had it in.

Wouldn't it be nice if some of these guys got honest and said they offered simulated home inspections?

Brian G.

Striving to Emulate Unconciously-Competent HI's, Not Simulate Rain [^]

Originally posted by Bain

I looked at the rain simulator's web site--I know, get a life--and his sample report recommends an earthquake shut-off valve for the exterior gas meter.

What's an earthquake shut-off valve? We don't have quakes in KY, so I've never heard of the thing.

It's a valve that you install at the gas service pipe just before it enters your house. The valve senses lateral movement and shuts off the gas. You reset it with a button or screw. They're a great idea for houses in earthquake country.

Here's one:

http://www.seismo.unr.edu/nesc/eamw/gas.pdf

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by Bain

Everyday it gets a little more embarrassing to be a home inspector.

I hear you. And it doesn't stem from elitism.

I hear you back. And, all things considered, the HI profession is much too humble to accommodate any elitism. I offer brother Mike's avatar as proof.

Whenever I feel a little twinge of HI elitism, I recall the words of my college writing mentor, F.B. Ashley, who shared with me this observation about academic politics: "It's like striving to be the best one-legged swimmer in the tuberculosis sanitorium."

We be ever so humble,

WJid="blue">

If someone asks me what I do, I tell them I'm in a real estate related profession.

If they press, I tell them I look at buildings for buyers. If they press more, I tell them I have to go to the bathroom.

Bain, I went to the website too. How 'bout them realtor pictures, especially #2 with the big hair? Somehow, that single picture says what I could never say with a thousand words.

Originally posted by Tom Raymond

Walter, your keyboard needs a security system! Last week it was "lo" and now someone has taken your "c".

tuberulosis

Tom

I offer no excuses, but I've noticed that I make more errors typing in these little boxes than I do when I type on a full-size page. I think I'm distracted by the surrounding images in the periphery. I will consult with a neurologist.

I suspect that some sneaky plumber is stalking me, and has stolen my "c" and my "lo." I think he's trying to create a "clog."

Check back later. If any of my Gs are missing, we're onto somethin.

WJid="blue">