How brave was........

gtblum

Is the house for sale because there was a death in the family?

BTW because those main lugs carry so much amperage, then need to be torqued with a large torque wrench to the correct tightness. If this is not done, you can get a warm/hot connection there, then eventually flickering lights and a poor connection.

The wire on the left does not look like it is "squished" in there as tightly as the wire on the right.

20081030141618_20041130212035_ZinscoProp3.jpgHi,

Don't junk it; save it, find a home inspection school that wants it as a training aid and ship it off as a donation. When Douglas Hansen was teaching at the College of San Mateo, I sent him a Zinsco Magnatrip panel. He wired it up and used it as a training prop .

An old fuse box wired up with a half dozen screwed up items would make an excellent training aid for inspectors.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

You can cut off the power to the main lugs to work on that area safely (without cutting the lines at the weather head) I'm not going to say how. Those that know, know. Those that don't shouldn't be messin around with that. As I often tell my clients when they talk about doing electrical work themselves... Really smart people know when to keep their hands in their pockets.