Phone Advice Needed

I need some information from some of you with more than 1 phone line. We're fielding about 30 to 40 calls a day and people will not wait or are unable to get through.

I'd like to have my phone set up so that if one line is busy it will roll to another phone. Right now we're able to put one person on hold while talking to another one. If a third person calls, tough luck.

Any suggestions?

Donald

On my service, that is called "hunter service"; if one line is busy, it automatically forwards to the next line. You can continue that for as many phones as you have. Just call your provider & have them set it up.

30-40 calls a day? Man, you're crankin......

What Kurt said. You can even have it so that you can roll them to your house or an employees house if all the business lines are are busy. I buy all my phone service from one provider and there's no charge for the roll over feature.

I don't know if "Choice One" is available everywhere. Here, it's a business only provider and it saved me about 3 grand a year on phone expense.

Thanks everyone, we'll call our provider today to see if we can get a service like those.

I wish all the calls were "I want to book a home inspection NOW" calls, but many are shoppers, while others are; "Have you received my fax yet", "Do ya'll do Mold", "I'm having a new home built, what do I need to know", "My builder says he's not going to fix anything", " I hear noises in the attic, what could it be", etc type calls.

For example, yesterday out of 36 calls, my wife booked 6. We need some way of moving our non booking calls over to the assistant.

Donald

Originally posted by Donald Lawson

Thanks everyone, we'll call our provider today to see if we can get a service like those.

I wish all the calls were "I want to book a home inspection NOW" calls, but many are shoppers, while others are; "Have you received my fax yet", "Do ya'll do Mold", "I'm having a new home built, what do I need to know", "My builder says he's not going to fix anything", " I hear noises in the attic, what could it be", etc type calls.

For example, yesterday out of 36 calls, my wife booked 6. We need some way of moving our non booking calls over to the assistant.

Donald

I'm sure there is stuff out there that will issues prompts and route the calls acoordingly. "If you wish to book an appointment press 1" etc. I don't know where to find it but I know it's out there somewhere.