wet crawlspace

Originally posted by Mike Lamb

How long does it take for a newer HI to convince themself that this is something they want to continue for years and years.

I'm still searching. [?]

id="blue">

I think you have to love it. Do you love it?

It has it's ups and downs. I wouldn't say I love it just yet. I'm stickin with it for now.

When they first began using agency disclosure, it was for the buyer's agent to let the buyer know that the selling agent was representing the seller (basically buyer beware). This was cover for the agents, but very little protection for the buyer in terms of buying a overpriced, junk house. So, cover their butts? Yes.

That's my understanding (little as it is). Just another paper for the stack.

Hi Jeremy,

Be careful how you use terms when referring to agents 'cuz you'll confuse folks and might even piss 'em off. In real estate parlance, the "selling agent" is the agent that works for the buyer and is referred to as either the "buyers agent" or the "selling agent." The "listing" agent is the one that lists the house and works for the seller and is referred to as either the "listing agent" or the "seller's agent." The "selling agent," who is working for the buyer, is called the selling agent because that agent is actually the one that "sells" the house to the buyer.

It was an agent that straightened me out on that point one day. I'd commented about how the "selling" agent had screwed up by not having a closet cleared so that I could get to a crawlspace hatch. She's a nice lady so she didn't take offense, but as soon as the client left she patiently explained the difference to me.

I know, it's confusing - sort of like trying to remember the difference between "grounded conductor" and "(equipment) grounding" conductor.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Jeremy,

Be careful how you use terms when referring to agents 'cuz you'll confuse folks and might even piss 'em off. In real estate parlance, the "selling agent" is the agent that works for the buyer and is referred to as either the "buyers agent" or the "selling agent." The "listing" agent is the one that lists the house and works for the seller and is referred to as either the "listing agent" or the "seller's agent." The "selling agent," who is working for the buyer, is called the selling agent because that agent is actually the one that "sells" the house to the buyer.

It was an agent that straightened me out on that point one day. I'd commented about how the "selling" agent had screwed up by not having a closet cleared so that I could get to a crawlspace hatch. She's a nice lady so she didn't take offense, but as soon as the client left she patiently explained the difference to me.

I know, it's confusing - sort of like trying to remember the difference between "grounded conductor" and "(equipment) grounding" conductor.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

My bad.

You are very correct. I should have typed "seller's agent" in place of "selling agent". Sometimes my fingers and brain don't work at the same time.

Sorry for the confusion.