New Flashing Technique

Mark P

Both vents of this roof were done the same way. There are plastic bags stuffed in under the blanket. From inside the attic there is no sign of leaks.

So, if you're like most inspectors in my area you wrote: "roof performing as intended" or " appears serviceable" followed by " better than average quality materials used throughout" and "kitchen cabinets have high grade hardware".

To be honest I don’t think my customer was concerned with it or really saw it as a problem. The house is a foreclosure in a bad neighborhood. The a/c has been stolen, the neighbor has a pile of trash in the back yard the size of a car & there were bigger fish (problems) to fry then these vents. I’ll just make a statement to have the things properly installed. I don’t think they’ll buy the house anyway.

Originally posted by AHIS

To be honest I don’t think my customer was concerned with it or really saw it as a problem. The house is a foreclosure in a bad neighborhood. The a/c has been stolen, the neighbor has a pile of trash in the back yard the size of a car & there were bigger fish (problems) to fry then these vents. I’ll just make a statement to have the things properly installed. I don’t think they’ll buy the house anyway.

You just gotta love inspecting foreclosures in questionable neighborhoods.