Lakers Get CRUSHED in 5!

Well it's all over, and as a perpetual lover of underdogs I couldn't be happier to see the Lakers get smoked by a blue-collar team. The media has been trying to award them the championship since Malone and Peyton signed in the off season, but no. I love it. I'll lay odds right now that neither Koby, Peyton, or Phil Jackson will be there next year. [:-weepn]

Now if we can just get that all-cursed World Series we missed out on last year (Cubs vs. Red Sox), it'll be a lovely summer. [:-baseball]

Brian G.

Originally posted by miker47

Brian,

Brings back memories of Bill Lambeer and the"bad boys" from the mid-80s. From your picture I'm guessing you might be too young to remember the "good old days."

Well, I'm not as far along in years as Mr. Goodman, and clearly lack his historical perspective. But I believe the good old days peaked either in 1986 when the Celtics won their last championship, or in 1987 when Robert Parrish knocked that chump Bill Laimbeer to the parquet in retribution for his many years of NBA thuggery.

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

...I believe the good old days peaked either in 1986 when the Celtics won their last championship, or in 1987 when Robert Parrish knocked that chump Bill Laimbeer to the parquet in retribution for his many years of NBA thuggery.

I remember the "Bad Boys" well, but I never liked them. They were dirty. I like this Piston team, they play HARD, not dirty. I can still see Parrish raining blows on Laimbeers' head in my minds eye...well deserved and long overdue. [:-basketball]

Brian G.

Originally posted by kurt

Afro-mans resounding denial of O'Neals' shot in the last quarter, although goal tending, was a great emphasis note on who wanted it the most.

I would have given Ben Wallace the MVP award myself, he embodies the team spirt, attitude, and work ethic. He was tremendous in that last game.

Brian G.