Thermometer Use

hausdok

• 1 year later...

I use a thermocouple based thermometer. The infrareds are subject to various emissivity rates and I don't judge them accurate enough to check AC temperature differentials.

Marc

The Chinese use infrared thermometers to check schoolchildren for H1N1 before they tramp into school. The red dots are focused on the kids' foreheads and if the readings are too high, the kids are sent home.

Infrared can work for what we do, but you have to place the thermometer right next to a register. I wonder how much airspace is between Chinese officials' thermometers and the foreheads of the schoolkids?

I use a thermocouple based thermometer. The infrareds are subject to various emissivity rates and I don't judge them accurate enough to check AC temperature differentials.

Marc

The Chinese use infrared thermometers to check schoolchildren for H1N1 before they tramp into school. The red dots are focused on the kids' foreheads and if the readings are too high, the kids are sent home.

Infrared can work for what we do, but you have to place the thermometer right next to a register. I wonder how much airspace is between Chinese officials' thermometers and the foreheads of the schoolkids?

This is how I take my daughter's temp when she won't let me put a thermometer under her tongue:

Click to Enlarge
tn_201011582426_IR000446.jpg

27.04 KB

During the SARS outbreak a few years ago, they used the same thing at Toronto Airport to scan incoming passengers.

-Brad