If I Were the U.S. Code King...

Suppose you were appointed as the official Code King of the entire U.S. of A., and you word immediately became law everywhere. What would you change right off the bat?

Number One for me would be to ban installing evaporator coils without ready access. They would have to be accessable at least on the input side, with nothing more than a screwdriver (no taping allowed, gasket required). The drip pan would have to visible as well, and the drain line could not block the panel or the screws holding it (violators forfeit one gonad, then the magic missile itself on 3rd offense, then death on #4!).

Number Two would be to require the basic info (including brand, date manufactured, model & serial number, capacities, etc.) be STAMPED into all major appliances in an accessable location (or two). No decifering crap, just stamp it right on there in plain English.

Number Three means no more water heaters in attics, period. Dumb idea.

That would do for the first morning. [:-dev3]

Brian G.

U.S. Code King [:-king] (in my dreams)

Originally posted by crusty

It would be illegal for Home Depot to sell unapproved plumbing materails, faucets or shower heads on extended hoses without vacuum breakers and any panel boxes, electrical devices or wiring.

C'mon Crusty, no love for the orange-vested aisle urchins? [:-dev3][:D][:-dev3]

And I agree whole-heartedly.

Brian G.

Originally posted by Brian G.

Originally posted by crusty

It would be illegal for Home Depot to sell unapproved plumbing materails, faucets or shower heads on extended hoses without vacuum breakers and any panel boxes, electrical devices or wiring.

C'mon Crusty, no love for the orange-vested aisle urchins? [:-dev3][:D][:-dev3]

And I agree whole-heartedly.

Brian G.

No, no love at all[:-bigmouth]

And I agree with yours. I am sooooo tired of not seeing a secondary condensate and disclaiming it.

Originally posted by Jim Katen

Suppose you were appointed as the official Code King of the entire U.S. of A., and you word immediately became law everywhere. What would you change right off the bat?

All plumbers would be required to wear belts.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Here here!

But to be fair Jim, we would need to disarm the electricians with hammers and the tin knockers with chain saws.

Originally posted by Jim Katen

All plumbers would be required to wear belts.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Hey Jim,

That's great, but you're thinking like the Code President. This thing doesn't have to pass two houses of Congress -you're the KING! I'd say belt and a quality pair of suspenders for backup. First violation earns you a fine, second one gets a couple drops of hot solder down the ol' coin slot.

But if I were Dictator for a day, I think I'd start with enforcement of existing codes and training people in medieval flesh scraping tortures to deal with offenders.

But that's just me and it's been a long day...

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

I'd say belt and a quality pair of suspenders for backup.

I'm not sure that would be enough either. Let's throw in a requirement for extra-long-tailed T-shirts while we're at it. You can't be too careful. Maybe with all three they wouldn't be the "butt" of so many jokes. [:D]

Yeah I know, that's a bad one. [:-dev3]

Brian G.