leasing Radalink Monitor

How much does it cost a year to rent these things? I looked on their site and they don't list the price. I like the sound of the co-operation and support they offer.

I'm not sure if I should lease a Radalink or buy a different machine like a Sun Nuclear 1027.

What are the ups and downs of the choices? Any advice is appreciated.

Originally posted by John Dirks Jr

How much does it cost a year to rent these things? I looked on their site and they don't list the price. I like the sound of the co-operation and support they offer.

I'm not sure if I should lease a Radalink or buy a different machine like a Sun Nuclear 1027.

Well, if you buy a 1027 it will be paid for after 4-5 test. If you go the lease route, you will always have the monthly lease fee. If I recall it is around $100 a month or that might be Femto-tech. Anyway you will have a fee to pay every month.

Most folks who test for radon have 2-4 machines. I have 4 of the 1027's. Also you do have to send them off for calibration once a year and that cost around $100 or so for each CRM. With a lease you just return the machine and they send you a new one.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 1027's. I bought my last one on Ebay for $230 for a 1 year old machine. It was from an inspector who went out of business.

If you're just getting into radon testing, Radalink is not a bad way to go. When I used them, the price was $75.00 a month and $23.00 per test. The monitors are one of the bests monitors that are commonly used in the field by home inspectors. Tech support is really good, no extra charge for continuing education classes (some states don’t have restrictions on how many times you take Radalink classes for continuing education), no extra charge for calibration and the reports are professional looking.

If the price was a little cheaper per month/year, I would still be using them.

I have several Sun Nuclear 1029's and a 1028. I have received alot of referrals from the way the report looks. If your state requires the monitor be approved by the EPA then go with the 1028, in my opinion the reason is that the 1027 has been around awhile and with the improved imbedded report software I don't believe that they will be making them for much longer. I know a great many people will disagree with that statement but when I talk to the folks at Sun Nuclear that is the underlying tone I get. Besides when I do a radon test for a realtor and my competition gives a strip of paper with .....Pci/L and I am able to give a graph with levels for each hour and a photo of home and monitor placement, I get the repeat business from then on.

John,

Check your mail and give me a call. I've leased 3-5 Radalinks for the past year. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Mark

Mark,

I'll be calling. Thank you very much. A few other "issues" have just popped up. I need to nail them down first.

I was in the radon bidness for awhile, John, but didn't like it. Access into houses was constantly screwed up because around here, affiliates of the real estate board have to have special codes for their ML keys to work, and most realtors had no clue.

I have a 1027 you can have at a discount if you're interested. It needs to be calibrated and checked by one of NEHA's labs, the cost of which used to be a couple hundred bucks for both services.

You can copy and paste the results into a word .doc and it looks okay. Convert it to a .pdf, and then it's emailable. Check out the sample below.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif radonsample.pdf

340.98 KB

Originally posted by Bain

Mark,

I'll be calling. Thank you very much. A few other "issues" have just popped up. I need to nail them down first.

I was in the radon bidness for awhile, John, but didn't like it. Access into houses was constantly screwed up because around here, affiliates of the real estate board have to have special codes for their ML keys to work, and most realtors had no clue.

I have a 1027 you can have at a discount if you're interested. It needs to be calibrated and checked by one of NEHA's labs, the cost of which used to be a couple hundred bucks for both services.

You can copy and paste the results into a word .doc and it looks okay. Convert it to a .pdf, and then it's emailable. Check out the sample below.

340.98 KB

Thanks for showing the example and for the offer to part with a 1027. I havn't decided exaxtly which route I'll take. When I do, and if the choice is a 1027, I'll check back to see if you still have it. I hear they are in demand so if another want's to have a stab at it, don't wait for me. BTW, how old is it?

Originally posted by Bain

Mark,

340.98 KB

Thanks for showing the example and for the offer to part with a 1027. I havn't decided exaxtly which route I'll take. When I do, and if the choice is a 1027, I'll check back to see if you still have it. I hear they are in demand so if another want's to have a stab at it, don't wait for me. BTW, how old is it?

Four years old, give or take. And used only by a little ol' lady on Sundays . . .

I have a plan to market radon testing outside of the general home inspection game. I'm using E-Perm canisters through a local lab at the current time. I think I'll continue to use the E-Perms's and see how the idea plays out. If it turns out good, I'll start making more decisions on other methods of data collection.

Thanks to everyone for pitching into this thread.

• 5 years later...

I'm currently looking into RadaLink instead of buying a SunNuclear because they are on a 4-5 week lead time for buying new machines. I may consider buying a used machine, however, that seems a little risky in the case it comes up damaged and won't pass calibration/certification.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Quote: Originally posted by John Dirks Jr

Mark,

id="quoteN">

340.98?KB

I'm interested, send me an email and let me know.

Chris