How bad can it be?

Hmmm, getting up earlier in the morning than I actually have to. It's a very novel idea but might be fun. What is a "breakfast"?

Not for the next month or so though. Dudley, the soon to be $9,000 pound-rescue mutt, is going in next week for his second major knee operation/rearrangement. We went through this a couple of years ago with his other rear leg and know we have to keep him as quiet as possible for a few weeks, which means I'm loathe to leave him alone when I don't need to. Fortunately, for him and our checkbooks, he will then be out of rear legs that require this work.

Meanwhile, I'll work on a design for the uniforms! Maybe something with a cape?

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

I haven't posted in a few days because, well, I got a job. It's just a part time gig as a building inspector for a small town near me. It's going to be a learning experience because I've literally never worked as an employee in my life. I'm pretty sure I'll need to brush up my diplomacy skills and take the capital "A" out of my personality type.

Chad,

You may have seen this already, if not, it's a simple check-list required here in NJ. The contractor is supposed to fill it out prior to calling for a framing inspection. Then you go and 'double-check' his work.

It's a tool that prevents you from missing anything on a framing inspection.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif fchecklist.pdf

83.91 KB

Originally posted by hausdok

Rich,

I think I know what you mean but there's a cure for that. Why don't you and me and Randy and a few other Seattle area inspectors that hang out here meet for breakfast once or twice a month and jaw a little bit? Hell, you'd be amazed how many people do just that. My sub-committee has been having informal meetings at 3rd Place Books in Lake Forest Park several times a month and there are groups of friends who meet there all the time. Hell, some of them even wear group uniforms!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I'm game.

Originally posted by Jeremy

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Why don't you and me and Randy and a few other Seattle area inspectors that hang out here meet for breakfast once or twice a month and jaw a little bit?

I am so jealous.

Chad, I am open to this idea.

Cool! We could meet at my place. That would be 90 minutes north for you, another 90 south for Chad... and I'll buy the coffee[:P]