Any one have an idea of an R-value????????

Bill Kibbel

• 1 month later...

Carl,

Several years ago I sent a personal email in caps to a friend. He responded that I should not be using all caps because I was yelling. Well, I was not yelling.

In some areas of the country courts want all reports submitted to them to be in uniform lettering (all caps). Many law offices we work with prefer all caps. My point is this - all caps don't mean anything really, except to the reader. If I was reading a post, like this, and ran across THIS, I would know that word was different and ascribe a different value to it.

I would rather kibitz about HOTWATERHEATER WATER HEATER WATER HEATER WATER HEATER!

Bob likely is just your average Texan, ya know talks BIG!

Um,

Shouldn't the question be how hot does a hot water heater re-heat hot water? It only heats cold water once; from that point onward it's re-heating hot water, unless you've got a teenager and then it's a water heater at least twice a day and a hot water heater the rest of the time. [;)]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

How hot does a hot water heater heat hot water?

Dear Fellow Word-Nerds,

'Hot' is a relative term. It is quite possible to heat 'water', 'hot water', and 'cold water'. I happen to like the phrase 'water heater' better than 'hot water heater' but 'hot water heater' isn't technically awful.

I'm all for using our best English on this forum and in our reports, but we should be careful not to be language bullies.

On the other hand, anyone who types in all caps and signs off with "DOOKIE HOUSE" is only entitled to expect so much understanding.

How hot does a hot water heater heat hot water?

Dear Fellow Word-Nerds,

'Hot' is a relative term. It is quite possible to heat 'water', 'hot water', and 'cold water'. I happen to like the phrase 'water heater' better than 'hot water heater' but 'hot water heater' isn't technically awful.

I'm all for using our best English on this forum and in our reports, but we should be careful not to be language bullies.

On the other hand, anyone who types in all caps and signs off with "DOOKIE HOUSE" is only entitled to expect so much understanding.

Never heard of Dookie House. The Urban Dictionary says it's slang for Porta-Potty or outhouse.

Interesting choice to sign off with.