Coming in 2009 - Cell Phone Video Projectors

hausdok

By David Aamodt

2009113232242_boltphone2.jpgAt CES this week, Logic is going to unveil a fancypants new smartphone that has an onboard projector. No news yet on whether it will have tweezers, a toothpick, or a fish scaler—all of which would be as useful as a mini projector.

Don’t get me wrong, the novelty factor of a projector phone is pretty high. You know, it’s like having your own pocketsize R2D2. But after watching a few dim sports blooper clips on your cubicle wall, will you really keep using your battery-draining projector?

I remain a skeptic.

In addition to being a super intelligent, cyborg smartphone (touch screen, camera, Bluetooth, GPS, etc), the Logic Bolt can allegedly project clear image and video at up to 64-inches. Pretty cool! You can even hook your Xbox or Wii up to the Bolt.

Read the rest of the article at Top 10 Reviews.com.

Who knows,

Maybe in a few years, if this catches on and the price comes down, instead of trying to explain to our clients why something doesn't work, we'll be able to pull up a file from our article archives and project a computer animation of the issue on the wall of the living room so that the client has a clearer understanding of the issue.

What say you all?

Goofy or Not Goofy?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Following the link, there are two replies, one by the manufacturer and one by a potential user.

Powerpoint presentations are as common as flip charts used to be. Everyone has a laptop, all you need is a projector and a screen. If your phone can be the projector, all you need is a wall and you can show your presentation anywhere.

The phone is reportedly only $100. That is the same cost or less than many of the other phones available. If you are in sales, then this will be a useful tool. If you never make presentations, then it is a gimmick.

I used to provide technical sales presentations as part of a sales team for a Fortune 100 company. This would have been a great asset. Lugging around a projector or arranging for the client to provide a projector was always a nightmare of scheduling and AV problems.

This would be useful if you were making presentations to real estate offices. [:-party]

Originally posted by Richard Moore

Thanks Brad. I want one!!! [;)]

Mike, did you click on the "Release Date"? The whole thing is a very slick and clever commerce promotion for Nova Scotia. I'm impressed!

Yeah, I did. Once I saw that thing suck up all of that coffee, I couldn't leave it alone until I'd figured out what was behind the whole spoof.

'Course, since I come from Cape Breton stock, I'm not surprised at the intelligence of those crafty folks up in Novia Scotia. [;)]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Saw a guy on the science channel or nat geo the other night claiming most of that could happen in the future.

He never mentioned the coffee or the harmonica but, he did talk about the razor and how you would be able to adjust your home thermostat, turn on lights, and open the garage door.