bathrooms for existing buildings

Joey Burnham

Joey,

The local authority having jurisdiction will make that determination. I suspect you could find it in the Uniform Code or what ever the local folks use or don't use.

My initial thoughts are; who said this? restaurants are a business and may or may not have building requirements. I think your local health dept may have some thoughts that have nothing to do with code. ie: "A restaurant must have at least one restroom if it has a seating capacity of 30+" or an OSHA regulation or a fire safety regulation or a ADA regulation.

What do they consider a restaurant? Dairy Queen? Taco Bell etc.

Yep, this is 2009

Jeremy, may I use you as a reference? My work computer was built in 1999 and is running Windows 2000. For the first time in my life I can input data fast enough to shut a computer down.

And, I'll be in Buffalo three days each month for the next 4 or 5 months. Is Walden Ave close enough to you so we can do lunch?

Originally posted by Chad Fabry

Yep, this is 2009

Jeremy, may I use you as a reference? My work computer was built in 1999 and is running Windows 2000. For the first time in my life I can input data fast enough to shut a computer down.

And, I'll be in Buffalo three days each month for the next 4 or 5 months. Is Walden Ave close enough to you so we can do lunch?

Yep, and Yep.

E-mail me the days. I'm sure we can arrange that.

The National Standard Plumbing Code spells in out in section 7.21.8.

Basically, any food service establishment with an occupant load of less than 100 people is allowed to share the restrooms with customers and employees.

But hey, don't forget this little tidbit; any new or renovated space on the ground floor or with elevators, the restrooms need to be 'Accessible'. So plan the restrooms big enough for wheel chairs.

Not only does my jurisdiction require bathrooms, but the toilets must have the seat with the split in the front... men's and women's both.

We have the same requirement. Either install open front seats, or install automatic seat cover dispensers (never seen one).

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/external/bcd ... pter_4.pdf (408.2.2)