Q & A: Stimulus Plan Has Plenty For Small Business

hausdok

USA TODAY - February 9, 2009

Question: Is there anything in this massive federal economic stimulus plan for small business? — Rick

Steve Strauss responds: Yes, lots.

First a little history: While FDR's New Deal helped soften the worst blows of the Great Depression, the fact is that the Depression did not end until World War II began, due to the massive amount of spending and building that the country undertook to wage and win the war. That spending kick started the economy and finally ended the last vestiges of the long economic downturn.

To read more in USA Today, click here.

• 2 weeks later...

I did an inspection for a couple in there late 50's on Friday. They own a home that is paid for.... and are buying a 2nd home... plan on selling the first one when they retire

They said because they have not bought a house in 3 years they have qualified for a $8K tax credit for buying a home. They did not have to be a 1st time buyer to qualify...

anyway they said this was part of stimulus package.

I hadn't heard of this before??? anybody got more info on this

Jerry

They said because they have not bought a house in 3 years they have qualified for a $8K tax credit for buying a home. They did not have to be a 1st time buyer to qualify...

anyway they said this was part of stimulus package.

I hadn't heard of this before??? anybody got more info on this

Jerry

I heard that the 3 years is if you haven't owned a house in that time. So for true first time home buyers or for anyone that has been renting they would qualify.

That was the last thing I heard.