Branding Opportunity?

Just curious what you guys think of this. We are always looking for ways to get our name out there and not spend a million dollars doing it. I've been offered an opportunity that I think may fit this bill.

A neighbor of mine, he works with the boy scouts, wants to get his troop into a local parade. He asked me if I can use my truck to tow a trailer for his troops. I of course get to keep my logo and such on the truck and I could even have my kids (not the boy scouts) hand out fliers or such. Even if I didn't do the fliers, just everyone seeing my company truck along the parade route is decent exposure.

Of course this is just one of dozens of parades in and around my area. During Christmas alone there are like 5 or 6 different parades. I can see a huge expense except maybe a days worth of time and decent exposure.

What do you guys think about using this as a branding opportunity?

Depends. Depends may have a longer shelf life than Huggies. If somone threw me a Huggie it would be used and gone tomorrow, but now if they threw me a Depends, well... I might hang on to it for several years since I don't have those issues right now. It might also depend on your target market I suppose. Jokes aside, I would think it'd be good cheap publicity if you enjoy that sort of thing. Have fun.

I like the idea of the branded candy, doesn't scream opportunist as much. Gonna look into that. Not sure about the diapers though. Are those with or without the chocolate filling? Thanks.

In Ohio, Pete Rindfleish used branded lollipops as a very effective marketing gimick. In fact it was so effective that when a competitor stole the idea and produced his own branded lolipops, everyone still thought that they were Pete's. They didn't even look at the tag on them.

Pete had some very good marketing ideas. He thought that home inspectors, as a breed, scowled too much. He used to say that most inspectors could double their business if they'd just learn to smile pleasantly once in a while.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

OK, what are those things that folks put on the soda or beer cans? Huggies or Huggers, one of the two I think..

If you toss those foam rubber cylindrical can insulators two the crowd nobody will get hurt.... That along with a combination of candy would be great..

Around here They call em coozies but, no one uses them. Usually, a beer isn't around long enough to get warm.

OK, what are those things that folks put on the soda or beer cans? Huggies or Huggers, one of the two I think..

If you toss those foam rubber cylindrical can insulators two the crowd nobody will get hurt.... That along with a combination of candy would be great..

Coolies is what I call them, but I'm not sure what the most common term is. Either way that is much easier to picture than throwing a diaper at the people. It was a funny image though. What one do you think would get you more attention?