Thoughts on this wet crawl fix?

Seattle is still using the 2003 IRC here:

Mike, I thought Seattle was on the 2006 (still no diagram though). See...

http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/Seattle2 ... ameset.htm

Hi Rich,

That's what I'd thought too...until I'd clicked on my favorites link. Hmm, maybe they've got separate links to the 2003 and the 2006. Jeez, what a pain in the keester.

Guess I've gotta replace that link.

Thanks.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yeah Mike, the link in my post goes to the 2006 codes. The one you posted is the 2003.

Hi,

Yes, although I don't know the rules for every jurisdiction, most new construction I see has them solidly anchored to the piers.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yes, mechanically fastened to the footing and fastened to the beam. Typically no additional lateral bracing is called for.

So much for the "fix"!!!! The entire crawl was a swimming pool with the moisture barrier floating on top. I'll let my report photos do the talking.

Click to Enlarge
200922243135_0015.jpg

96.17 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200922243213_0072.jpg

57.15 KB

Click to Enlarge
200922243256_0075.jpg

83.9 KB

Click to Enlarge
200922243328_0077.jpg

92.91 KB

Click to Enlarge
20092224348_0078.jpg

95 KB

Click to Enlarge
200922243437_0081.jpg

82.93 KB

Click to Enlarge
20092224351_0033.jpg

59.42 KB

Surrounding terrain slope was not good, but it hasn't rained heavily here for at least 2 weeks and not at all for the last week. Evidently the seller isn't actually interested in selling the home because I can't believe he left it this way. I'm 99.99% certain my clients are walking away. Besides this, there were numerous other problems indicating a builder who didn't have a clue.

The house is obviously built into a hillside so there's absolutely no need for a pump it should be draining by gravity. That's a lot of water; unless there's an aquafir there that's really close to the surface, I bet the perimeter drain is broken somewhere on the uphill end and is dumping water into that crawl. If so, and they were discharging the sump into the perimeter drain it was simply coming back in. They need to get their money back 'cuz it looks like the guy that put in all that pipe just took their money for putting in drains to nowhere.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike