low hanging light fixtures

In unoccupied houses I sometimes see low hanging light or fan fixtures. I know that there was probably a table there before. Do I know that future occupants will put a table there? No.

Since it's easy to hit the fixture with your head while walking, should I be writing this up in the report?

Do you mention the potential hazard in your report?

Nope.

I do however make sure I leave that light on to make sure I see it the next time through. The light will get moved if their is a woman in the house. If there is no woman, the guy will park a table under it and be done.[^]

I did however mention the patio support beam (8X10) that the termite guy hit while bent over looking at the ground since it was not going to move.

I can understand wanting to be thorough, and trying to "protect" your clients...to a degree. But if they're so dense that they can't recognize the hazard presented by a light fixture hanging in front of their heads they probably can't learn from anything but experience.

Let 'em bump their heads.

In unoccupied houses I sometimes see low hanging light or fan fixtures.
Ceiling fans lower than 7' from the floor should be in your report.

I don't have to include low light fixtures in the report. They remember it to be an issue after hearing me shouting profanities, 'cuz I'm always the first to smack my head into it.

I was in the millionth doublewide doing the FEMA gig. They're all laid out exactly the same so I was walking w/ my head down writing on my Gov issue tablet computer. Next thing I know I'm on my back with blood coming out of my forehead while looking up at a decidedly victorious ceiling fan still wobbling from the impact.

In my peripheral vision I could see the two spanish speaking occupants, each with one hand over their mouth looking very concerned while not quite towering over me at about five foot three a piece. I'm still not sure if they were worried about me or about the fact that the person standing between them and their check was bleeding on their carpet.