Favorite saying

Darren

I found this on the web Friday night. The interview was back in the mid 80's but somehow, it's still the same.

The part that made me smile was 'If I didn't know..."; I grew up hearing my dad say that and of course his other favorite was 'Sh-- and 2 is 8!'

What other famous quotes did you grow up with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dg48LhD86w

As kids we use to go out for rides in the country quite often. My father use to give us a nickle for every sheep we saw or a penny for every horse.

We would sometimes pass a church that had a sign saying "Jesus Saves" to which my mother would reply "I wish to Christ I could" (save money). When she would have a lot of laundry to do she use to say "What do I look like, Mrs George Washingmachine?"

My father was in the Navy in WWII and my mother worked in a factory - she was Rosie the Riveter - I miss her.

I found this on the web Friday night. The interview was back in the mid 80's but somehow, it's still the same.

The part that made me smile was 'If I didn't know..."; I grew up hearing my dad say that and of course his other favorite was 'Sh-- and 2 is 8!'

What other famous quotes did you grow up with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dg48LhD86w

I brought you in to this world and I'll take you out.

Darren,

On Friday afternoon, I wasted a bunch of time Watching the Zappa Crossfire interviews and a few others on Utube.

Please excuse the drift but, assuming you're a fan, if you ever get the chance to check out an album titled "Guitars", do it. There's no Yellow snow, Billy the mountain, or anything but four sides of guitar genius.

Here's another:

"he doesn't know his ass from his elbow!"

One day were were putting a roof on an apartment complex and my brothers bother-in-law was helping. After seeing one too many mistakes by him, my dad turns and says...'I guess the hospital threw away the baby and gave your mother the afterbirth'

Gary;

The term 'fan' doesn't give justice; I'm a FZ fanatic! I have over 60 of his albums/CD's. I know every song he ever played. My favorite 2 are

'Black Napkins' & 'Strictly Genteel', both instrumentals.

• 1 year later...

When we were whining my Dad would always say "I'll give you kids something to really cry about".

When ever we did something Dad thought was half A**ed he would always say "if you don't have time to do right the first time, you certainly won't have time to do right the second time".

• 4 weeks later...