But the deck was approved by the county!

Robert Jones

I inspected a 11 yr old manufactured home today and the deck installed on the front a rear of the home were completed by the current home owner(flipper). As I was kneeling down to view the underside of the deck, I heard him say "the county said it was good". Just goes to show. Hope the pics show the quality workmanship.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009331213548_P1000126%20(Medium).jpg

50.45 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009331213612_P1000129%20(Medium).jpg

49.64 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2009331213644_P1000155%20(Medium).jpg

40.48 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_200933121373_P1000156%20(Medium).jpg

78.53 KB

As AHJ, I visit when the holes are dug. At that time I hand the owner a copy of Simpson's guide to deck building and the IRC visual guide to stairs and railings.

I politely inform them I'll be available for questions but I've been trained already to include that "this is not a how to" school. If you're building it, you're supposed to know what you're doing.

I do the same for builders and contractors.

I re-visit once during construction and then one more time for a final and to issue a certificate of compliance.

As AHJ, I visit when the holes are dug. At that time I hand the owner a copy of Simpson's guide to deck building and the IRC visual guide to stairs and railings.

I politely inform them I'll be available for questions but I've been trained already to include that "this is not a how to" school. If you're building it, you're supposed to know what you're doing.

I do the same for builders and contractors.

I re-visit once during construction and then one more time for a final and to issue a certificate of compliance.

Chad!

You should be ashamed of yourself. Actually working for your money... What kind of example is that going to set for all the donut munchers and Lords of the Office Chairs? They'll start thinking they should get out of their cars... Hell, they could even get dirt on them somewhere. [:-bigeyes