Get out your red pen.

Not disagreeing, and we do want to help to raise the bar. However, I think it's safe to say that Bob has been in the business a long time; his mentor and buddy was the late/great Melvin Chalfen who passed away in the fall of 2007 at the age of 89.

I'm just thinking that sometimes you gotta let things lay; some folks earned their stripes early and change isn't as easy as it used to be.

Got it. I respect that.

Not knowing somebody on a personal level makes it easier to be blunt. Maybe that's good, sometimes maybe not.

All this got me thinking. In the inspector community of the United States, Canada, Carribean and Mexico (Jim M) there are only three people that always can get to me by correcting me. Of course you have to consider the source of any corrective comment and many times that alone can cause me to just blow it off.

If I live to be 100 years old I will never forget an email I got from Doug H that was a tip-off to a stupid statement I made about an electrical issue. God had come off the mountain and gently wispered in my ear "Les, you are wrong about #&$%!". After 4-5 seconds of rage and indignation I considered the source and thought "This guy cares about me and how I relate to others. He does not want me to look foolish. He wants me to deserve any/all respect I can get".

But, I would not have taken that from a lesser person. Of course there are folks that I just don't like and would not tolerate any criticism from.

Now Walter can review the sentences above and rip me a new one if he were a lesser person.

All this got me thinking. In the inspector community of the United States, Canada, Carribean and Mexico (Jim M) there are only three people that always can get to me by correcting me. Of course you have to consider the source of any corrective comment and many times that alone can cause me to just blow it off.

If I live to be 100 years old I will never forget an email I got from Doug H that was a tip-off to a stupid statement I made about an electrical issue. God had come off the mountain and gently wispered in my ear "Les, you are wrong about #&$%!". After 4-5 seconds of rage and indignation I considered the source and thought "This guy cares about me and how I relate to others. He does not want me to look foolish. He wants me to deserve any/all respect I can get".

But, I would not have taken that from a lesser person. Of course there are folks that I just don't like and would not tolerate any criticism from.

Now Walter can review the sentences above and rip me a new one if he were a lesser person.

Hey, I've felt the sting of brother Hansen once or twice. Truth be told, I was flattered to have gotten his attention.

As I recall, brother Hansen was the first "elder" to tell me that I shouldn't waste my time correcting those who clearly aren't going to get any better. Something along the lines of the Gray quote, which goes something like, "Where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise."

WJ

As I recall, brother Hansen was the first "elder" to tell me that I shouldn't waste my time correcting those who clearly aren't going to get any better. Something along the lines of the Gray quote, which goes something like, "Where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise."

WJ

Well, just like the X Factor, Douglas is out there. He regularly looks in here but will only post here under a pseudonym.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike