Concrete roof

Danny Pritchard

Is anyone familiar with this type of roof?It is a concrete type material with some type of coating painted on top.The picture is from the balcony they also had this on a covered walkway.This was on a new home.There were several things about this roof that I questioned.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Concrete roof.jpg

51.55 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Poorly sealed flat roof flashing.jpg

70.42 KB

Hi,

It still looks like a urethane surface to me. Is it possible that there is another drip edge beneath the one that is showing that the roof was originally bonded to.

Urethane surfaces are nothing more than a layer of liquid urethane poured over a deck that has been especially primed. The joints, flashings and edging are all taped in first with fiberglass mesh lain in urethane and then another layer or two are applied waiting a day or two between coats. At some point, sand is spread onto a fresh coating while it is still wet and it is allowed to dry. Finally, a topcoat goes on over the sanded coat and the whole thing is air cured. The final product can be anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and is extremely durable and hard.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Kurt,

They are definitely not flexicore.I'm familiar with that type of constuction just with a different name.

Mike,Jim

You may be correct.Here is a picture of an area without the drip edge.I didn't see any wall flashing at either area with this material.Is it not required?

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif Missing drip edge.jpg

56.39 KB