Water meter

schooner

Good day,

When inspection condo units and there is no water meter is it safe to say that there would be no municipal shut off outside the unit.

There would be one main for the entire unit.

The buyer was concerned that when he current owner repaired his own driveway that he may have covered the municipal shut off.

Now that the current owner has done the repairs himself, the condo corp will not take responsibility to make any future repairs.

Good day,

The buyer was concerned that when he current owner repaired his own driveway that he may have covered the municipal shut off.

Is this a townhouse with separate driveway for the unit? When I think condo, I think one building separated into multiple units, usually with common parking area. Around here townhouses usually have separate water services/meters for each unit, with a shutoff accessible someplace. Just call the water department, and have them locate and mark the shutoff. That way if the seller did pave over the shut off, it'll be him paying for the water department's overtime.

Frank

Every condo unit is required to have a main shut off

as well as one for the whole building.... something to do with the fire code and or IBC ... i believe

as well as a shut off valve in the street to cut off water to the whole building if everything else fails.

BTW here n Montreal the insurance companies always ask the question prior to issuing insurance to the unit owner